Updated Jan 14, 2013 - 11:04 am
Is ASU's Musselman a candidate for USC opening?
O'Neill was in his fourth season with the Trojans and had a 48-65 record with the school. This season, USC was 7-10 and 2-2 in the Pac-12 following a 76-59 win at Utah Saturday which snapped a 12-game road losing streak.
Bob Cantu, one of O'Neill's assistants, will guide the team on an interim basis.
But now the fun begins. Names of potential successors are already floating around, and that list includes a local figure, according to Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears.
Musselman is in his first season on Herb Sendek's staff at Arizona State, and has played a part in the Sun Devils' resurgence in 2012-13. After splitting in Oregon over the weekend, ASU is 14-3 and 3-1 in Pac-12 play as they head home to host highly-ranked in-state rival Arizona Saturday in Tempe.
Interestingly enough, Spears pulled the tweet just moments after posting it.
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Have the Sun Devils done enough to earn an NCAA Tournament invite?
- In Carson's last home game, Sun Devils rout Bears
- ASU guard Jahii Carson will not return for junior season
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.