Fork Report: Sun Devils remain undefeated in conference play
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's win over Oregon State on January 10. Final score: Arizona State 72, Oregon State 62.
Jahii Carson had a team-high 21 points to pace the Sun Devils and Carrick Felix added 18 points and 14 rebounds.
Felix, who is the reigning Pac-12 Player of the Week, came through in the clutch yet again for the Devils. He also recorded his fifth double-double of the season.
ASU out-rebounded Oregon State 45-30.
The Sun Devils shot a lowly 8-18 from the free throw line on Thursday night.
ASU struggled in the second half and missed 13 of 15 shots from the field at one point, allowing the Beavers to creep back in the game. Oregon State cut the lead to four points with 6:59 left.
• ASU improved to 3-0 in Pac-12 play and won their first road game in conference. The Sun Devils started 5-0 in 1979-80, 4-0 in 1987-88 and 4-0 in 2007-08.
• The Sun Devils won their sixth game in a row.
The Devils will head to Oregon to take on the Ducks on Sunday, January 13. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m. and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.