Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's win over Oregon State on January 10. Final score: Arizona State 72, Oregon State 62.
Jahii Carson had a team-high 21 points to pace the Sun Devils and Carrick Felix added 18 points and 14 rebounds.
Felix, who is the reigning Pac-12 Player of the Week, came through in the clutch yet again for the Devils. He also recorded his fifth double-double of the season.
ASU out-rebounded Oregon State 45-30.
The Sun Devils shot a lowly 8-18 from the free throw line on Thursday night.
ASU struggled in the second half and missed 13 of 15 shots from the field at one point, allowing the Beavers to creep back in the game. Oregon State cut the lead to four points with 6:59 left.
• ASU improved to 3-0 in Pac-12 play and won their first road game in conference. The Sun Devils started 5-0 in 1979-80, 4-0 in 1987-88 and 4-0 in 2007-08.
• The Sun Devils won their sixth game in a row.
The Devils will head to Oregon to take on the Ducks on Sunday, January 13. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m. and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.