Fork Report: Sun Devils remain undefeated in conference play
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's win over Oregon State on January 10. Final score: Arizona State 72, Oregon State 62.
Jahii Carson had a team-high 21 points to pace the Sun Devils and Carrick Felix added 18 points and 14 rebounds.
Felix, who is the reigning Pac-12 Player of the Week, came through in the clutch yet again for the Devils. He also recorded his fifth double-double of the season.
ASU out-rebounded Oregon State 45-30.
The Sun Devils shot a lowly 8-18 from the free throw line on Thursday night.
ASU struggled in the second half and missed 13 of 15 shots from the field at one point, allowing the Beavers to creep back in the game. Oregon State cut the lead to four points with 6:59 left.
• ASU improved to 3-0 in Pac-12 play and won their first road game in conference. The Sun Devils started 5-0 in 1979-80, 4-0 in 1987-88 and 4-0 in 2007-08.
• The Sun Devils won their sixth game in a row.
The Devils will head to Oregon to take on the Ducks on Sunday, January 13. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m. and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620.
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.