Fork Report: Sun Devils remain undefeated in conference play
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's win over Oregon State on January 10. Final score: Arizona State 72, Oregon State 62.
Jahii Carson had a team-high 21 points to pace the Sun Devils and Carrick Felix added 18 points and 14 rebounds.
Felix, who is the reigning Pac-12 Player of the Week, came through in the clutch yet again for the Devils. He also recorded his fifth double-double of the season.
ASU out-rebounded Oregon State 45-30.
The Sun Devils shot a lowly 8-18 from the free throw line on Thursday night.
ASU struggled in the second half and missed 13 of 15 shots from the field at one point, allowing the Beavers to creep back in the game. Oregon State cut the lead to four points with 6:59 left.
• ASU improved to 3-0 in Pac-12 play and won their first road game in conference. The Sun Devils started 5-0 in 1979-80, 4-0 in 1987-88 and 4-0 in 2007-08.
• The Sun Devils won their sixth game in a row.
The Devils will head to Oregon to take on the Ducks on Sunday, January 13. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m. and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620.
- Chris Karpman, Publisher of ASUdevils.com - Thursday December 12ASU has one commitment among high school prospects in the state. What does this mean?
- Rocky Harris, Senior Associate Athletic Director - Thursday December 12The aftermath of the Sun Devils loss to Stanford.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Monday December 9ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game