Fork Report: Sun Devils remain undefeated in conference play
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's win over Oregon State on January 10. Final score: Arizona State 72, Oregon State 62.
Jahii Carson had a team-high 21 points to pace the Sun Devils and Carrick Felix added 18 points and 14 rebounds.
Felix, who is the reigning Pac-12 Player of the Week, came through in the clutch yet again for the Devils. He also recorded his fifth double-double of the season.
ASU out-rebounded Oregon State 45-30.
The Sun Devils shot a lowly 8-18 from the free throw line on Thursday night.
ASU struggled in the second half and missed 13 of 15 shots from the field at one point, allowing the Beavers to creep back in the game. Oregon State cut the lead to four points with 6:59 left.
• ASU improved to 3-0 in Pac-12 play and won their first road game in conference. The Sun Devils started 5-0 in 1979-80, 4-0 in 1987-88 and 4-0 in 2007-08.
• The Sun Devils won their sixth game in a row.
The Devils will head to Oregon to take on the Ducks on Sunday, January 13. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m. and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.