Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 10:30 am
Fork Report: ASU opens Pac-12 play with overtime thriller against Utah
Carrick Felix had 17 points and 13 rebounds, his fourth double-double of the season to lead Arizona State.
Freshman Jahii Carson hit a clutch three-pointer to send the Devils into overtime and had the eventual game-winning bucket with :35 seconds left.
ASU improved to 12-2 on the season and opened Pac-12 play with a win.
Despite coming up with big baskets late, Carson did not have his best game. He was only 5-of-18 shooting and just 1-of-6 from three-point range.
ASU collectively had a poor night executing on offense, most notably on the final possession of regulation when they failed to run a play due to mismanaging the shot clock.
And the Sun Devils continued to struggle from the free throw line, hitting just 5-of-10 attempts on the night. Outside of Carson, ASU players hit just 1-of-6 from the stripe.
• This was ASU's first overtime game since a 73-72 loss at the hands of UCLA on January 29, 2011.
• Neither team led by more than six points throughout the contest.
• ASU's Jordan Bachynski and his brother Dallin faced off in Wednesday's game. The Sun Devil junior had 14 points to his brother's two.
• Bachynski suffered a leg cramp in overtime and missed most of the period, but the injury doesn't appear to be serious.
ASU will host Colorado at Wells Fargo Arena on Sunday, January 6. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m.
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Report: ASU's Musselman a 'legitimate candidate' for South Florida job
- ASU AD Anderson: Good season, now must get better
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.