Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's January 2nd overtime win against Utah. Final score: Arizona State 55, Utah 54.
Carrick Felix had 17 points and 13 rebounds, his fourth double-double of the season to lead Arizona State.
Freshman Jahii Carson hit a clutch three-pointer to send the Devils into overtime and had the eventual game-winning bucket with :35 seconds left.
ASU improved to 12-2 on the season and opened Pac-12 play with a win.
Despite coming up with big baskets late, Carson did not have his best game. He was only 5-of-18 shooting and just 1-of-6 from three-point range.
ASU collectively had a poor night executing on offense, most notably on the final possession of regulation when they failed to run a play due to mismanaging the shot clock.
And the Sun Devils continued to struggle from the free throw line, hitting just 5-of-10 attempts on the night. Outside of Carson, ASU players hit just 1-of-6 from the stripe.
• This was ASU's first overtime game since a 73-72 loss at the hands of UCLA on January 29, 2011.
• Neither team led by more than six points throughout the contest.
• ASU's Jordan Bachynski and his brother Dallin faced off in Wednesday's game. The Sun Devil junior had 14 points to his brother's two.
• Bachynski suffered a leg cramp in overtime and missed most of the period, but the injury doesn't appear to be serious.
ASU will host Colorado at Wells Fargo Arena on Sunday, January 6. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf