Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 10:30 am
Fork Report: ASU opens Pac-12 play with overtime thriller against Utah
Carrick Felix had 17 points and 13 rebounds, his fourth double-double of the season to lead Arizona State.
Freshman Jahii Carson hit a clutch three-pointer to send the Devils into overtime and had the eventual game-winning bucket with :35 seconds left.
ASU improved to 12-2 on the season and opened Pac-12 play with a win.
Despite coming up with big baskets late, Carson did not have his best game. He was only 5-of-18 shooting and just 1-of-6 from three-point range.
ASU collectively had a poor night executing on offense, most notably on the final possession of regulation when they failed to run a play due to mismanaging the shot clock.
And the Sun Devils continued to struggle from the free throw line, hitting just 5-of-10 attempts on the night. Outside of Carson, ASU players hit just 1-of-6 from the stripe.
• This was ASU's first overtime game since a 73-72 loss at the hands of UCLA on January 29, 2011.
• Neither team led by more than six points throughout the contest.
• ASU's Jordan Bachynski and his brother Dallin faced off in Wednesday's game. The Sun Devil junior had 14 points to his brother's two.
• Bachynski suffered a leg cramp in overtime and missed most of the period, but the injury doesn't appear to be serious.
ASU will host Colorado at Wells Fargo Arena on Sunday, January 6. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m.
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.