Updated Dec 22, 2012 - 2:32 pm
Fork Report: Devils notch win in Lubbock
Arizona State lived behind the three-point arc in Lubbock, hitting 14-of-27 three-pointers (51.9%). Jonathan Gilling led the way for Arizona State, hitting a career-high six treys as his parents, who traveled all the way from Denmark, took in the action.
The 14 three-pointers were a season-high for the Sun Devils.
Senior guard Chris Colvin had only 8 points in the game, but hit two huge three-pointers in a 1:46 span of the second half that saw the Sun Devils stretch their lead to 11 points.
Jahii Carson scored 18 points, including 16 in the second half for the Sun Devils, who won in their first trip to Lubbock since December 5, 1988.
ASU continued to struggle from the free throw line, hitting just 7-of-13 from the stripe (53.8%). ASU is hitting only 54.5% (60-of-110) from the foul line in their last five games.
• With the win, the Sun Devils pushed their record to 10-2 and matched their win total from the entire 2011-12 season.
• Jordan Bachynski blocked four shots, pushing his season total to 57 -- the fifth-highest single season total in ASU basketball history. In the game, Bachynski leapfrogged over Alton Lister (55 blocks in 1979-80), Mario Bennett (55 blocks in 1991-92), and Jeff Pendergraph (56 blocks in 2007-08). Bachynski needs 12 blocks to tie Tommy Smith for the fourth-highest single-season total for ASU. Smith swatted 69 shots in 2002-03.
• Texas Tech wore red uniforms at home for the first time in program history.
The Sun Devils will wrap up the non-conference portion of the their 2012-13 schedule by hosting the Coppin State Eagles at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday December 29. Tip-off is scheduled for just after 12:00 p.m.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Tuesday December 3Mandel discusses USC's coaching hire and the Pac-12 Championship game.