Fork Report: Sun Devils suffer first home loss
A season-high 5,401 fans attended the Sun Devils' first home game against a Big East opponent since Kerry Kittles led Villanova into Tempe in December of 1993.
Unfortunately, those fans watched the Sun Devils score a season-low 61 points in suffering their first home loss of the season. ASU, which trailed by as many as 22 points, allowed DePaul to shoot 55.2% in the second half. The Sun Devils' bench was outscored in the game, 37-6.
• ASU scored the game's first seven points only to see DePaul put up 42 points over the final 16:24 of the half.
• Former Sun Devil and ex-Cardinal Todd Heap was in attendance as was former Blue Demon and ex-Sun Steven Hunter.
• Big East teams -- winners of their last 21 games -- are 108-27 against non-conference opponents this season. The .800 winning percentage is the best of any of the 32 conferences.
He Said It
"They brought the energy. They brought the intensity. That's something that we didn't bring [Wednesday]," said senior Carrick Felix, who had 12 points and six rebounds. "We didn't play ASU basketball."
The Sun Devils (8-2) close out this six-game home stand at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday, December 15 against Dartmouth. The game tips off at 1:00 p.m. and will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Report: ASU's Musselman a 'legitimate candidate' for South Florida job
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.