Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you a fork report, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from ASU's December 12 loss to DePaul . Final score: DePaul 78, ASU 61
A season-high 5,401 fans attended the Sun Devils' first home game against a Big East opponent since Kerry Kittles led Villanova into Tempe in December of 1993.
Unfortunately, those fans watched the Sun Devils score a season-low 61 points in suffering their first home loss of the season. ASU, which trailed by as many as 22 points, allowed DePaul to shoot 55.2% in the second half. The Sun Devils' bench was outscored in the game, 37-6.
• ASU scored the game's first seven points only to see DePaul put up 42 points over the final 16:24 of the half.
• Former Sun Devil and ex-Cardinal Todd Heap was in attendance as was former Blue Demon and ex-Sun Steven Hunter.
• Big East teams -- winners of their last 21 games -- are 108-27 against non-conference opponents this season. The .800 winning percentage is the best of any of the 32 conferences.
He Said It
"They brought the energy. They brought the intensity. That's something that we didn't bring [Wednesday]," said senior Carrick Felix, who had 12 points and six rebounds. "We didn't play ASU basketball."
The Sun Devils (8-2) close out this six-game home stand at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday, December 15 against Dartmouth. The game tips off at 1:00 p.m. and will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 10ASU athletic director Ray Anderson is disappointed in the NFL office.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 9ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the Big 10's playoff chances are done.
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals & ASU quarterback - Tuesday September 9Jake Plummer discusses the Pac-12 and which teams he thinks are at the top.
- Bob Davie, University of New Mexico head football coach - Friday September 5Bob Davie discusses his triple-option offense and building his program at New Mexico.