Fork Report: Sun Devils suffer first home loss
A season-high 5,401 fans attended the Sun Devils' first home game against a Big East opponent since Kerry Kittles led Villanova into Tempe in December of 1993.
Unfortunately, those fans watched the Sun Devils score a season-low 61 points in suffering their first home loss of the season. ASU, which trailed by as many as 22 points, allowed DePaul to shoot 55.2% in the second half. The Sun Devils' bench was outscored in the game, 37-6.
• ASU scored the game's first seven points only to see DePaul put up 42 points over the final 16:24 of the half.
• Former Sun Devil and ex-Cardinal Todd Heap was in attendance as was former Blue Demon and ex-Sun Steven Hunter.
• Big East teams -- winners of their last 21 games -- are 108-27 against non-conference opponents this season. The .800 winning percentage is the best of any of the 32 conferences.
He Said It
"They brought the energy. They brought the intensity. That's something that we didn't bring [Wednesday]," said senior Carrick Felix, who had 12 points and six rebounds. "We didn't play ASU basketball."
The Sun Devils (8-2) close out this six-game home stand at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday, December 15 against Dartmouth. The game tips off at 1:00 p.m. and will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works