Updated Dec 2, 2012 - 9:36 am
Fork Report: ASU routs Sacramento State
"It was exciting, I guess," downplayed Gordon when asked if he was happy to play well in front of his older sibling. "It was good to play good, I guess he won't critique me as much now."
There's not much to critique really. Gordon hit 5-of-9 three-point attempts and added five assists and three steals in the win.
The Good - After a sluggish performance against Arkansas-Pine Bluff Thursday night, the Sun Devils came out focused and ready to play. ASU hit their first three shots on the night, two of them three-pointers courtesy of Gordon, and stormed out to an 8-0 lead in the games first 1:42. The Devils would never trail.
It was great to see Gordon to get off to a good start from the field. The transfer from Liberty, who came to ASU with a reputation as a scorer, was shooting just 27% from the field and 21% from three-point range coming into the game.
ASU forward Carrick Felix recorded his first double-double of the season with 21 points and 12 rebounds, which marks a new career-high. The senior from Millennium High School in Goodyear has now scored in double figures in six straight games
Freshman post Eric Jacobsen was instrumental in ASU's quick start. The Hamilton High product had 4 points and 7 rebounds in 14 minutes off of Herb Sendek's bench. Jacobsen finished with 6 points and 9 rebounds.
ASU also made 11 three-pointers, their season high.
The Bad - Not much really...I suppose you could point to Jahii Carson only having three assists in the game to go along with five turnovers. In reality, two of the turnovers came on carrying calls -- the most subjective call in all of college basketball.
Like I said, there wasn't much.
Noted - ASU had 21 assists on 31 field goals -- tying a season-high in that category.
The Sun Devils' 11 turnovers were also a season-low.
ASU outrebounded the Hornets 47-36, including 15 on the offensive end -- their second-most on the season. The Sun Devils had 20 offensive boards in their season opener against Central Arkansas.
Next up: ASU will host Hartford Wednesday night in Tempe.
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Report: ASU's Musselman a 'legitimate candidate' for South Florida job
- ASU AD Anderson: Good season, now must get better
- ASU coach Sendek: There's positive mojo with the Sun Devils
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.