Fork Report: Sendek disappointed despite win
The Sun Devils used a 17-0 run midway through the second half to pull away and win their fifth game of the season.
Carrick Felix scored a game-high 21 points for his second 20-point performance of the year and the seventh of his career. He shot 8-of-12 from the field, including 2-of-4 from three making him 11-of-23 in six games.
Defensively, Jordan Bachynski controlled the paint blocking six shots. He leads the team with 32 blocks. The Sun Devils held Arkansas-Pine Bluff to 29.7% shooting.
The Sun Devils committed 18 turnovers -- seven by Jahii Carson, matching a season-high set only three days ago against Creighton in the finals of the Las Vegas Invitational. Arkansas-Pine Bluff scored 19 points off of ASU's miscues.
He Said It:
"We weren't sharp in any phase of the game [Wednesday]," head coach Herb Sendek said. "I was very disappointed with the way we played. I expect better from our men."
*Brandon Magee and Will Sutton (wearing a boot on his right foot) were among eight football players honored at halftime for beating UA, returning the Territorial Cup to Tempe. Each player took a turn ringing the Victory Bell.
Up Next: The Sun Devils (5-1 for only the fifth time in 18 seasons) play the second game of what is a six-game stretch at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday, December 1 against Sacramento State. The game tips off at 6:30 p.m. and will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works