Fork Report: Sendek disappointed despite win
The Sun Devils used a 17-0 run midway through the second half to pull away and win their fifth game of the season.
Carrick Felix scored a game-high 21 points for his second 20-point performance of the year and the seventh of his career. He shot 8-of-12 from the field, including 2-of-4 from three making him 11-of-23 in six games.
Defensively, Jordan Bachynski controlled the paint blocking six shots. He leads the team with 32 blocks. The Sun Devils held Arkansas-Pine Bluff to 29.7% shooting.
The Sun Devils committed 18 turnovers -- seven by Jahii Carson, matching a season-high set only three days ago against Creighton in the finals of the Las Vegas Invitational. Arkansas-Pine Bluff scored 19 points off of ASU's miscues.
He Said It:
"We weren't sharp in any phase of the game [Wednesday]," head coach Herb Sendek said. "I was very disappointed with the way we played. I expect better from our men."
*Brandon Magee and Will Sutton (wearing a boot on his right foot) were among eight football players honored at halftime for beating UA, returning the Territorial Cup to Tempe. Each player took a turn ringing the Victory Bell.
Up Next: The Sun Devils (5-1 for only the fifth time in 18 seasons) play the second game of what is a six-game stretch at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday, December 1 against Sacramento State. The game tips off at 6:30 p.m. and will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.