Fork Report: Sendek disappointed despite win
The Sun Devils used a 17-0 run midway through the second half to pull away and win their fifth game of the season.
Carrick Felix scored a game-high 21 points for his second 20-point performance of the year and the seventh of his career. He shot 8-of-12 from the field, including 2-of-4 from three making him 11-of-23 in six games.
Defensively, Jordan Bachynski controlled the paint blocking six shots. He leads the team with 32 blocks. The Sun Devils held Arkansas-Pine Bluff to 29.7% shooting.
The Sun Devils committed 18 turnovers -- seven by Jahii Carson, matching a season-high set only three days ago against Creighton in the finals of the Las Vegas Invitational. Arkansas-Pine Bluff scored 19 points off of ASU's miscues.
He Said It:
"We weren't sharp in any phase of the game [Wednesday]," head coach Herb Sendek said. "I was very disappointed with the way we played. I expect better from our men."
*Brandon Magee and Will Sutton (wearing a boot on his right foot) were among eight football players honored at halftime for beating UA, returning the Territorial Cup to Tempe. Each player took a turn ringing the Victory Bell.
Up Next: The Sun Devils (5-1 for only the fifth time in 18 seasons) play the second game of what is a six-game stretch at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday, December 1 against Sacramento State. The game tips off at 6:30 p.m. and will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall to play for Rockets Summer League team in Orlando
- ASU's Sendek listed among coaches on the 'hot seat' in 2014-15
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.