Updated Nov 24, 2012 - 11:46 pm
No. 14 Creighton tops Arizona State
McDermott, the tournament's MVP, was 10 of 19 from the field for the Bluejays (6-0).
Ethan Wragge added 13 points, hitting three 3-pointers for Creighton.
Freshman Jahii Carson led Arizona State (4-1) with a season-high 30 points. He also had seven assists and four steals. He was 10 of 11 from the free-throw line.
Carrick Felix finished with 17 points and five rebounds for Arizona State.
After trailing 45-36 at halftime, the Sun Devils cut it to 59-53 on Carson's three-point play with 12:21 to play. The Bluejays answered with the next eight points as the Sun Devils never came closer than six the rest of the game.
Arizona State cut the lead to six late in the final minutes.
However, Wragge answered with a 3-pointer from the right corner with 2:22 left. That started a 7-0 run to seal it.
The Bluejays outscored the Sun Devils in second-chance points, 14-0.
Creighton scored the game's first seven points and built a 27-9 advantage with 11:53 until halftime. The Sun Devils responded with a 13-0 run. Arizona State cut the lead 37-31, but got no closer the rest of the half.
This is the teams' first meeting since 1974.
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.