Updated Nov 1, 2012 - 8:32 am
ASU hoops picked to finish 11th in Pac-12
The Sun Devils return six players from last year's team that went just 10-21. However, their leading scorer from a season ago, Trent Lockett, decided to transfer to Marquette to finish his career closer to his mother, who was diagnosed with cancer last year.
ASU will have the services of highly-touted guard Jahii Carson of Mesa High School this season. Carson sat out last season after being ruled academically ineligible.
Arizona was picked by the media to win the conference, as Sean Miller's team received 15 of 36 first place votes. UCLA received more first place votes (16), but is picked to finish second, just one point behind Arizona. California, Stanford and Washington round out the top five.
The Sun Devils open their season November 10 against Central Arkansas in Tempe.
Pac-12 Media Preseason Poll
1. Arizona (15) 403
2. UCLA (14) 402
3. California (3) 325
4. Stanford 296
5. Washington (2) 278
6. Colorado 262
7. Oregon 217
8. Oregon State 166
9. USC 163
10. Washington State 111
11. Arizona State 107
12. Utah 78
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Tuesday December 3Mandel discusses USC's coaching hire and the Pac-12 Championship game.