The Pac-12 preseason media poll was released Thursday morning and Herb Sendek's Arizona State Sun Devils were picked to finish 11th in the conference.
The Sun Devils return six players from last year's team that went just 10-21. However, their leading scorer from a season ago, Trent Lockett, decided to transfer to Marquette to finish his career closer to his mother, who was diagnosed with cancer last year.
ASU will have the services of highly-touted guard Jahii Carson of Mesa High School this season. Carson sat out last season after being ruled academically ineligible.
Arizona was picked by the media to win the conference, as Sean Miller's team received 15 of 36 first place votes. UCLA received more first place votes (16), but is picked to finish second, just one point behind Arizona. California, Stanford and Washington round out the top five.
The Sun Devils open their season November 10 against Central Arkansas in Tempe.
Pac-12 Media Preseason Poll
1. Arizona (15) 403
2. UCLA (14) 402
3. California (3) 325
4. Stanford 296
5. Washington (2) 278
6. Colorado 262
7. Oregon 217
8. Oregon State 166
9. USC 163
10. Washington State 111
11. Arizona State 107
12. Utah 78
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.