Updated Nov 1, 2012 - 8:32 am
ASU hoops picked to finish 11th in Pac-12
The Sun Devils return six players from last year's team that went just 10-21. However, their leading scorer from a season ago, Trent Lockett, decided to transfer to Marquette to finish his career closer to his mother, who was diagnosed with cancer last year.
ASU will have the services of highly-touted guard Jahii Carson of Mesa High School this season. Carson sat out last season after being ruled academically ineligible.
Arizona was picked by the media to win the conference, as Sean Miller's team received 15 of 36 first place votes. UCLA received more first place votes (16), but is picked to finish second, just one point behind Arizona. California, Stanford and Washington round out the top five.
The Sun Devils open their season November 10 against Central Arkansas in Tempe.
Pac-12 Media Preseason Poll
1. Arizona (15) 403
2. UCLA (14) 402
3. California (3) 325
4. Stanford 296
5. Washington (2) 278
6. Colorado 262
7. Oregon 217
8. Oregon State 166
9. USC 163
10. Washington State 111
11. Arizona State 107
12. Utah 78
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.