Updated Nov 1, 2012 - 8:32 am
ASU hoops picked to finish 11th in Pac-12
The Sun Devils return six players from last year's team that went just 10-21. However, their leading scorer from a season ago, Trent Lockett, decided to transfer to Marquette to finish his career closer to his mother, who was diagnosed with cancer last year.
ASU will have the services of highly-touted guard Jahii Carson of Mesa High School this season. Carson sat out last season after being ruled academically ineligible.
Arizona was picked by the media to win the conference, as Sean Miller's team received 15 of 36 first place votes. UCLA received more first place votes (16), but is picked to finish second, just one point behind Arizona. California, Stanford and Washington round out the top five.
The Sun Devils open their season November 10 against Central Arkansas in Tempe.
Pac-12 Media Preseason Poll
1. Arizona (15) 403
2. UCLA (14) 402
3. California (3) 325
4. Stanford 296
5. Washington (2) 278
6. Colorado 262
7. Oregon 217
8. Oregon State 166
9. USC 163
10. Washington State 111
11. Arizona State 107
12. Utah 78
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.