Updated Nov 1, 2012 - 8:32 am
ASU hoops picked to finish 11th in Pac-12
The Sun Devils return six players from last year's team that went just 10-21. However, their leading scorer from a season ago, Trent Lockett, decided to transfer to Marquette to finish his career closer to his mother, who was diagnosed with cancer last year.
ASU will have the services of highly-touted guard Jahii Carson of Mesa High School this season. Carson sat out last season after being ruled academically ineligible.
Arizona was picked by the media to win the conference, as Sean Miller's team received 15 of 36 first place votes. UCLA received more first place votes (16), but is picked to finish second, just one point behind Arizona. California, Stanford and Washington round out the top five.
The Sun Devils open their season November 10 against Central Arkansas in Tempe.
Pac-12 Media Preseason Poll
1. Arizona (15) 403
2. UCLA (14) 402
3. California (3) 325
4. Stanford 296
5. Washington (2) 278
6. Colorado 262
7. Oregon 217
8. Oregon State 166
9. USC 163
10. Washington State 111
11. Arizona State 107
12. Utah 78
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.