Last month, Arizona State senior-to-be Trent Lockett was granted a release from his scholarship enabling, him to look into transferring closer to home to be near his ailing mother.
Thursday, according to ASUDevils.com, some possible landing spots for Lockett's services have surfaced.
Hearing the most likely destinations for Trent Lockett are Iowa State and Marquette. Rumors of a visit to Gonzaga are untrue I was told.— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) April 5, 2012
Lockett hails from Minnesota, so speculation was that since the University of Minnesota is the only Division I basketball program in the state, he'd end up wearing the maroon and gold of the Gophers. But that doesn't appear to be the case now.
"With the recent news of my mother's illness, I want to be honest with everyone and say that it is in my best interest to possibly pursue playing my final season closer to home," Lockett said in a statement released March 21. "At this time, my energy and focus needs to start now on being as close to my mom as I can while at the same time pursuing career goals with one year of college basketball remaining. However, that does not mean I have closed the door on returning next season to ASU. It only means I have to prepare."
A separate report surfaced earlier this month in The Spokane Spokesman- Review that said Lockett would also look into a transfer to Gonzaga.
Lockett led the Sun Devils in scoring and rebounding during the 2011-12 season, averaging 13.0 points and 5.8 rebounds per contest.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.