Updated Apr 5, 2012 - 1:38 pm
Rumor: Trent Lockett to Marquette or Iowa State?
Thursday, according to ASUDevils.com, some possible landing spots for Lockett's services have surfaced.
Hearing the most likely destinations for Trent Lockett are Iowa State and Marquette. Rumors of a visit to Gonzaga are untrue I was told.— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) April 5, 2012
Lockett hails from Minnesota, so speculation was that since the University of Minnesota is the only Division I basketball program in the state, he'd end up wearing the maroon and gold of the Gophers. But that doesn't appear to be the case now.
"With the recent news of my mother's illness, I want to be honest with everyone and say that it is in my best interest to possibly pursue playing my final season closer to home," Lockett said in a statement released March 21. "At this time, my energy and focus needs to start now on being as close to my mom as I can while at the same time pursuing career goals with one year of college basketball remaining. However, that does not mean I have closed the door on returning next season to ASU. It only means I have to prepare."
A separate report surfaced earlier this month in The Spokane Spokesman- Review that said Lockett would also look into a transfer to Gonzaga.
Lockett led the Sun Devils in scoring and rebounding during the 2011-12 season, averaging 13.0 points and 5.8 rebounds per contest.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was