Last month, Arizona State senior-to-be Trent Lockett was granted a release from his scholarship enabling, him to look into transferring closer to home to be near his ailing mother.
Thursday, according to ASUDevils.com, some possible landing spots for Lockett's services have surfaced.
Hearing the most likely destinations for Trent Lockett are Iowa State and Marquette. Rumors of a visit to Gonzaga are untrue I was told.— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) April 5, 2012
Lockett hails from Minnesota, so speculation was that since the University of Minnesota is the only Division I basketball program in the state, he'd end up wearing the maroon and gold of the Gophers. But that doesn't appear to be the case now.
"With the recent news of my mother's illness, I want to be honest with everyone and say that it is in my best interest to possibly pursue playing my final season closer to home," Lockett said in a statement released March 21. "At this time, my energy and focus needs to start now on being as close to my mom as I can while at the same time pursuing career goals with one year of college basketball remaining. However, that does not mean I have closed the door on returning next season to ASU. It only means I have to prepare."
A separate report surfaced earlier this month in The Spokane Spokesman- Review that said Lockett would also look into a transfer to Gonzaga.
Lockett led the Sun Devils in scoring and rebounding during the 2011-12 season, averaging 13.0 points and 5.8 rebounds per contest.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike
- Doug Haller - azcentral sports - Tuesday September 16Doug Haller of azcentral sports discusses what Mike Bercovici has to do in order to be a successful