Rumor: Trent Lockett to Marquette or Iowa State?
Thursday, according to ASUDevils.com, some possible landing spots for Lockett's services have surfaced.
Hearing the most likely destinations for Trent Lockett are Iowa State and Marquette. Rumors of a visit to Gonzaga are untrue I was told.— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) April 5, 2012
Lockett hails from Minnesota, so speculation was that since the University of Minnesota is the only Division I basketball program in the state, he'd end up wearing the maroon and gold of the Gophers. But that doesn't appear to be the case now.
"With the recent news of my mother's illness, I want to be honest with everyone and say that it is in my best interest to possibly pursue playing my final season closer to home," Lockett said in a statement released March 21. "At this time, my energy and focus needs to start now on being as close to my mom as I can while at the same time pursuing career goals with one year of college basketball remaining. However, that does not mean I have closed the door on returning next season to ASU. It only means I have to prepare."
A separate report surfaced earlier this month in The Spokane Spokesman- Review that said Lockett would also look into a transfer to Gonzaga.
Lockett led the Sun Devils in scoring and rebounding during the 2011-12 season, averaging 13.0 points and 5.8 rebounds per contest.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works