Updated Apr 5, 2012 - 1:38 pm
Rumor: Trent Lockett to Marquette or Iowa State?
Thursday, according to ASUDevils.com, some possible landing spots for Lockett's services have surfaced.
Hearing the most likely destinations for Trent Lockett are Iowa State and Marquette. Rumors of a visit to Gonzaga are untrue I was told.— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) April 5, 2012
Lockett hails from Minnesota, so speculation was that since the University of Minnesota is the only Division I basketball program in the state, he'd end up wearing the maroon and gold of the Gophers. But that doesn't appear to be the case now.
"With the recent news of my mother's illness, I want to be honest with everyone and say that it is in my best interest to possibly pursue playing my final season closer to home," Lockett said in a statement released March 21. "At this time, my energy and focus needs to start now on being as close to my mom as I can while at the same time pursuing career goals with one year of college basketball remaining. However, that does not mean I have closed the door on returning next season to ASU. It only means I have to prepare."
A separate report surfaced earlier this month in The Spokane Spokesman- Review that said Lockett would also look into a transfer to Gonzaga.
Lockett led the Sun Devils in scoring and rebounding during the 2011-12 season, averaging 13.0 points and 5.8 rebounds per contest.
- ASU lands forward Savon Goodman
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.