ASU, UA stadiums rank 8th, 9th in Pac-12
In the subjective poll, the group of 10 was asked to consider "general atmosphere, fan support, home-field advantage, amenities, tailgating, the surrounding campus and the college town" in its criteria for the ranking.
The full ranking in order is as follows: Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Colorado, USC, Cal, Utah, ASU, Arizona, Stanford and Oregon State (tie) and Washington State.
The poll was highly variable, with ASU ranking as high as fourth and as low as 11th, and Arizona placing between fourth and last.
With new money from television sources such as the Pac-12 Networks, schools can afford to upgrade stadiums in the so-called "arms race" in college athletics.
ASU plans to renovate its stadium and has already removed seats from the north end zone. Cal and Washington each played recent seasons outside their home stadium while it was being worked on. The Wildcats also recently improved their stadium by adding a new video board.
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.