ASU, UA stadiums rank 8th, 9th in Pac-12
In the subjective poll, the group of 10 was asked to consider "general atmosphere, fan support, home-field advantage, amenities, tailgating, the surrounding campus and the college town" in its criteria for the ranking.
The full ranking in order is as follows: Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Colorado, USC, Cal, Utah, ASU, Arizona, Stanford and Oregon State (tie) and Washington State.
The poll was highly variable, with ASU ranking as high as fourth and as low as 11th, and Arizona placing between fourth and last.
With new money from television sources such as the Pac-12 Networks, schools can afford to upgrade stadiums in the so-called "arms race" in college athletics.
ASU plans to renovate its stadium and has already removed seats from the north end zone. Cal and Washington each played recent seasons outside their home stadium while it was being worked on. The Wildcats also recently improved their stadium by adding a new video board.
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.