Updated Feb 23, 2014 - 10:39 pm
Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey records slow 40-yard dash time, ASU RB Marion Grice doesn't participate
Though, it was hardly a showcase for either.
Carey, who led the Pac-12 with 1,885 rushing yards to go along with touchdowns in 2013, didn't exactly impress scouts with his 40-yard dash results at Lucas Oil Stadium. The former Wildcat's second time of 4.70 seconds ranked 29 of the 33 running back participants.
Despite entering the weekend with projections that he'd be one of if not the top running back taken in May's NFL Draft, Carey, according to CBSSports.com's Rob Rang, certainly didn't help himself.
The 5-9, 207-pound back's staggeringly slow time will certainly drop his draft stock, though he plays much faster than this workout indicates. He's an instinctive, determined runner with good quickness whose soft hands and grit as a pass blocker make him a weapon on all three downs.
As for the other local tailback, Grice was one of three running backs who didn't run the 40-yard dash.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.