ESPN: Arizona, Arizona State on pace for top-25 football recruiting classes
According to ESPN's Recruiting Nation, Arizona State enters Wednesday with the No. 18 class, while the UA checks in at No. 21 heading into the first day that high school seniors can sign a binding National Letter of Intent for football.
If things stay as projected, ASU and Arizona will land the Pac-12's No. 2 and 3 recruiting classes, behind only Stanford, which lands at No. 17 nationally on ESPN's list.
Neither school is expected to make many additions Wednesday, as the Wildcats have a close-to-full class of 30 verbal commitments while ASU's Todd Graham has earned 25 pledges to the Sun Devils. Arizona had "perhaps the best summer of any program," according to ESPN, while Arizona State has "strength at the top and depth throughout the class."
Scottsdale Chaparral cornerback Tyler Whiley headlines the ASU list of verbal pledges, followed by Texas receiver Nick Alexander and California wideout Jalen Harvey.
Rich Rodriguez's class is currently topped by Los Angeles athlete Marquis Ware, followed by Tucson athlete Cameron Denson and Los Angeles linebacker Jamardre Cobb.
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.