Updated Jan 27, 2014 - 8:36 am
Former Arizona QB Foles named Pro Bowl Offensive MVP, Peterson picks off pass
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles completed 7-of-10 passes for 89 yards and threw for a touchdown in his first appearance in Honolulu, and while he and Team Sanders fell in a 22-21 heartbreaker against Team Rice, the former University of Arizona standout was named the game's Offensive MVP.
Former Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict also had himself quite a day, picking off one pass and recording five tackles.
As for the four representatives of the pro team in town, Peterson celebrated his third appearance in the NFL's annual All-Star Game with two pass deflections and an interception on a Phillip Rivers' pass in the second quarter of the back-and-forth affair.
Special teams standout Justin Bethel was up to his usual tricks, recording two total tackles, including a nifty one on Cordarrelle Patterson inside his own 11-yard line.
As for Abraham and Fitzgerald, who made their 13th collective appearance in the Pro Bowl Sunday, the veterans had quiet afternoons. Abraham had one tackle, while Fitzgerald was held without a catch.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.