Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 6:26 pm
Arizona Wildcats' Ka'Deem Carey decides to turn pro
The junior has decided to forego his senior season and enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
"I'm excited for the next phase of my career and to enter the NFL Draft," Carey said in a statement released by the school. "I want to thank God, my family, Coach Rodriguez, Coach Magee and all of my coaches for everything they've done for me. My time playing football for Arizona will always be very special to me and I want to thank the fans and the Tucson community for supporting me throughout my career. The future of Arizona football is bright. Bear Down."
As a junior in 2013, Carey tallied 1,885 yards and 19 touchdowns on 349 carries, and averaged 157.1 rushing yards per game.
"Ka'Deem Carey was a great player for us," head coach Rich Rodriguez said in the statement. "We wish him all the best as he pursues his professional career."
Carey leaves school as Arizona's all-time leading rusher with 4,232 yards. He also scored the most rushing touchdowns, with 48, total touchdowns, with 52, and had the most 100-yard games, with 22.
A two-time consensus All-American and 2013's Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year, Carey owns or shares 26 Arizona single-game, season and career records.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.