Despite Eagles' loss, former Arizona standout Nick Foles impresses in playoff debut
Foles completed 23 of his 33 passes for 195 yards and two touchdowns in his playoff debut for the Philadelphia Eagles, but it was all for naught as the New Orleans Saints rallied for a 26-24 road victory in the Wild Card showdown.
For a moment, it looked as if Foles would actually play the role of the hero in the City of Brotherly Love, as his three-yard touchdown pass to rookie Zach Ertz put the Eagles on top 24-23 with 4:54 remaining in the contest. However, fellow Dallas Westlake High School alum Drew Brees promptly led New Orleans on a 10-play drive capped off by a Shayne Graham 32-yard field goal as time expired.
Including Saturday's postseason loss, Foles finished 2013 with 3,086 passing yards to go along with 29 touchdowns and two interceptions.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.