Updated Dec 31, 2013 - 10:20 am
Ka'Deem Carey vs. Andre Williams: Tale of the tape
Because as the Wildcats (7-5, 4-5 in the Pac-12) face off against the Eagles (7-5, 4-4 in the ACC) in the AdvoCare V100 Bowl, they each bring an elite running back to the table.
It will be the Ka'Deem Carey and Andre Williams show in Shreveport, with the nation's first and sixth leading rushers taking center stage. But how do the backs stack up?
Williams won the Doak Walker Award, which is given annually to the nation's best running back, and finished fourth in the Heisman voting. Carey was a finalist for the Doak Walker Award, and finished 10th in Heisman vote.
Here's a tale of the tape.
|Andre Williams||Ka'Deem Carey|
|Yards Per Carry||6.4||5.3|
|Yards Per Game||175.2||156.0|
|Receptions||0||26 (173 yds, 1 TD)|
Last season, in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl, Carey had the chance to go head-to-head with another one of the country's best backs in Nevada's Stefphon Jefferson. Motivated by the chance to secure the rushing title, Carey ran for 172 yards and three touchdowns in an Arizona win.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.