Updated Dec 31, 2013 - 10:20 am
Ka'Deem Carey vs. Andre Williams: Tale of the tape
Because as the Wildcats (7-5, 4-5 in the Pac-12) face off against the Eagles (7-5, 4-4 in the ACC) in the AdvoCare V100 Bowl, they each bring an elite running back to the table.
It will be the Ka'Deem Carey and Andre Williams show in Shreveport, with the nation's first and sixth leading rushers taking center stage. But how do the backs stack up?
Williams won the Doak Walker Award, which is given annually to the nation's best running back, and finished fourth in the Heisman voting. Carey was a finalist for the Doak Walker Award, and finished 10th in Heisman vote.
Here's a tale of the tape.
|Andre Williams||Ka'Deem Carey|
|Yards Per Carry||6.4||5.3|
|Yards Per Game||175.2||156.0|
|Receptions||0||26 (173 yds, 1 TD)|
Last season, in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl, Carey had the chance to go head-to-head with another one of the country's best backs in Nevada's Stefphon Jefferson. Motivated by the chance to secure the rushing title, Carey ran for 172 yards and three touchdowns in an Arizona win.
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.