Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey a Walter Camp All-American
Though he was not the winner of the Doak Walker Award Thursday, which is given annually to the nation's best running back, it was announced that Carey was named to the Walter Camp First-Team All-America list for the second straight season.
Last season, Carey became the first offensive player from Arizona to be named to the team, and is the first Wildcat to do it in consecutive seasons since Tedy Bruschi, who did so in 1994 and 1995.
Carey, a junior who was named the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year, rushed for 1,716 yards and 17 touchdowns this season. He topped the 100-yard mark in every game he played this season, including a season-high 232 yards in a win over Utah.
Carey and the Wildcats will take on Boston College in the AdvoCare V100 Bowl on Dec. 31.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.