Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
Sunday night, Arizona (7-5) has accepted an invitation to play in Shreveport, La. to play in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl against Boston College (7-5) on Dec. 31 at 10:30 a.m. MST.
With Sunday's invitation, the Wildcats are now headed to their fifth bowl game in six seasons dating back to the 2008 season.
The Pac-12-Big East matchup pit two of the nation's premiere running backs -- Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey and Boston College's Andre Williams -- against one another. The duo have combined for 3,818 yards on the ground to go along with 34 touchdowns this season.
In his career, Rodriguez is 3-4 in bowl game appearances, including last season's 49-48 come-from-behind victory over Nevada at the Gildan New Mexico Bowl.
This will be the first ever meeting between the Golden Eagles and Wildcats.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.