Arizona's Carey named finalist for nation's top running back award
The award is given annually to the nation's best running back, and Carey has a strong case for the honor. He's rushed for 100 yards in 14 consecutive games, the longest active streak in college football, and is second in the country with 155.9 yards per game.
Carey is coming off a huge performance in Arizona's 42-16 win over Oregon. He had 206 yards and four touchdowns to help lead the Wildcats to the upset. In the game, he set school records with 3,913 career rushing yards and 49 career touchdowns, 45 of which came on the ground which is also an Arizona record.
The other two finalists are Boston College's Andre Williams and Washington's Bishop Sankey. It's likely to come down to Carey and Williams, who has rushed for 2,073 yards and 16 touchdowns already this season. He needs 556 yards in his final two games, which are against Syracuse and a to-be-determined bowl opponent, to break Barry Sanders' single season mark set in 1988.
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.