The Ducks returned the opening kickoff to Arizona's 45-yard-line, but things went downhill from there. On the first play from scrimmage, Mariota dropped back and tried to connect with receiver Bralon Addison for a quick gain. The ball deflected off Addison's hands, though, and allowed Wildcats Shaquille Richardson and Scooby Wright to make the team's likely play of the year.
Arizona capitalized on the opportunity, scoring touchdowns on their first three drives to take a 21-3 lead over the fifth-ranked Ducks in the second quarter. The rest, as they say, is history.
- Arizona's Anu Solomon named National Freshman of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats receive votes in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener