Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 4:26 pm
Two Arizona defenders combine for highlight-worthy interception
The Ducks returned the opening kickoff to Arizona's 45-yard-line, but things went downhill from there. On the first play from scrimmage, Mariota dropped back and tried to connect with receiver Bralon Addison for a quick gain. The ball deflected off Addison's hands, though, and allowed Wildcats Shaquille Richardson and Scooby Wright to make the team's likely play of the year.
Arizona capitalized on the opportunity, scoring touchdowns on their first three drives to take a 21-3 lead over the fifth-ranked Ducks in the second quarter. The rest, as they say, is history.
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.