Arizona Wildcats' Ka'Deem Carey a Doak Walker Award semifinalist
One of those is the Doak Walker Award, which is given annually to the player deemed as the nation's best running back. Thursday, it was announced the junior is one of 10 semifinalists for the honor.
Three finalists will be named on Nov. 25, and the winner of the award will be announced on Dec. 12.
Carey has rushed for 1,221 yards and 11 touchdowns this season, and his 152.6 yards per game rank second in the country. He has run for 100-plus yards in 12 straight games, and has tallied 125-plus all-purpose yards in 12 consecutive contests.
Carey was a consensus All-American and First-Team All-Pac-12 honoree in 2012 after he rushed for 1,929 yards and 23 touchdowns.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.