Arizona Wildcats' Ka'Deem Carey a Doak Walker Award semifinalist
One of those is the Doak Walker Award, which is given annually to the player deemed as the nation's best running back. Thursday, it was announced the junior is one of 10 semifinalists for the honor.
Three finalists will be named on Nov. 25, and the winner of the award will be announced on Dec. 12.
Carey has rushed for 1,221 yards and 11 touchdowns this season, and his 152.6 yards per game rank second in the country. He has run for 100-plus yards in 12 straight games, and has tallied 125-plus all-purpose yards in 12 consecutive contests.
Carey was a consensus All-American and First-Team All-Pac-12 honoree in 2012 after he rushed for 1,929 yards and 23 touchdowns.
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.