Arizona Wildcats' Ka'Deem Carey a Doak Walker Award semifinalist
One of those is the Doak Walker Award, which is given annually to the player deemed as the nation's best running back. Thursday, it was announced the junior is one of 10 semifinalists for the honor.
Three finalists will be named on Nov. 25, and the winner of the award will be announced on Dec. 12.
Carey has rushed for 1,221 yards and 11 touchdowns this season, and his 152.6 yards per game rank second in the country. He has run for 100-plus yards in 12 straight games, and has tallied 125-plus all-purpose yards in 12 consecutive contests.
Carey was a consensus All-American and First-Team All-Pac-12 honoree in 2012 after he rushed for 1,929 yards and 23 touchdowns.
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.