Arizona Wildcats' Ka'Deem Carey a Doak Walker Award semifinalist
One of those is the Doak Walker Award, which is given annually to the player deemed as the nation's best running back. Thursday, it was announced the junior is one of 10 semifinalists for the honor.
Three finalists will be named on Nov. 25, and the winner of the award will be announced on Dec. 12.
Carey has rushed for 1,221 yards and 11 touchdowns this season, and his 152.6 yards per game rank second in the country. He has run for 100-plus yards in 12 straight games, and has tallied 125-plus all-purpose yards in 12 consecutive contests.
Carey was a consensus All-American and First-Team All-Pac-12 honoree in 2012 after he rushed for 1,929 yards and 23 touchdowns.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.