Updated Oct 29, 2013 - 10:14 am
Arizona coach: Team must maintain focus and continue to execute
"Because we can beat that team," he said.
MacIntyre's statement is belied by the fact that the Wildcats, on the road, torched the Buffaloes to the tune of 670 total yards of offense -- including 405 on the ground. Arizona managed to cruise to a comfortable victory even while committing more penalties and turning the ball over more than Colorado.
But Tuesday, when asked by Doug and Wolf, Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said he understood why MacIntyre said what he did.
"I'm sure everybody that watches us on film says the same thing, so we've got to make sure that we go out and execute."
With the win over bottom-dwelling Colorado, Arizona is now 5-2 (2-2) on the season. Though they did not enter the season with high expectations, the Wildcats are currently still in the Pac-12 South race.
Two of the teams ahead of Arizona, UCLA and Arizona State, are still left on the schedule. But while the Wildcats control their own destiny, Rodriguez said he and his team are not looking that far ahead or focused on the standings.
"I mentioned it right after the game that, 'Hey, the more you win, the more is at stake,' and we still control a lot of our own destiny in a lot of ways so that's a good thing," he said. "But other than that, we don't even look a week ahead or a day ahead; we look at the next play, we talk about winning the next play.
"That singular focus is what we have to do."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.