Updated Oct 29, 2013 - 10:14 am
Arizona coach: Team must maintain focus and continue to execute
"Because we can beat that team," he said.
MacIntyre's statement is belied by the fact that the Wildcats, on the road, torched the Buffaloes to the tune of 670 total yards of offense -- including 405 on the ground. Arizona managed to cruise to a comfortable victory even while committing more penalties and turning the ball over more than Colorado.
But Tuesday, when asked by Doug and Wolf, Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said he understood why MacIntyre said what he did.
"I'm sure everybody that watches us on film says the same thing, so we've got to make sure that we go out and execute."
With the win over bottom-dwelling Colorado, Arizona is now 5-2 (2-2) on the season. Though they did not enter the season with high expectations, the Wildcats are currently still in the Pac-12 South race.
Two of the teams ahead of Arizona, UCLA and Arizona State, are still left on the schedule. But while the Wildcats control their own destiny, Rodriguez said he and his team are not looking that far ahead or focused on the standings.
"I mentioned it right after the game that, 'Hey, the more you win, the more is at stake,' and we still control a lot of our own destiny in a lot of ways so that's a good thing," he said. "But other than that, we don't even look a week ahead or a day ahead; we look at the next play, we talk about winning the next play.
"That singular focus is what we have to do."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.