UA QB B.J. Denker awarded Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week after career day
That's because Arizona quarterback was awarded the conference's top honor Monday, less than 24 hours after he amassed 457 yards of total offense in the Wildcats' 44-20 road victory over the Colorado Buffaloes.
On top of the hardware, the junior made a little history in the 24-point win. Denker's 457 yards of total offense was the sixth-most recorded by a player in a single game in program history. The first-year starter's 192 rushing yards were the most in a single game by a UA quarterback in school history.
Denker is the fourth Wildcat to earn one of the conference's weekly awards in 2013, joining Ka'Deem Carey (Offensive Player of the Week), safety Tra'Mayne Bondurant (Defensive Player of the Week) and kicker Jake Smith (Special Teams Player of the Week).
Arizona will look to extend a two-game win streak when he travels up to Cal Berkley to take on the Golden Bears on Nov. 2. Kickoff is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. MST.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.