UA QB B.J. Denker awarded Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week after career day
That's because Arizona quarterback was awarded the conference's top honor Monday, less than 24 hours after he amassed 457 yards of total offense in the Wildcats' 44-20 road victory over the Colorado Buffaloes.
On top of the hardware, the junior made a little history in the 24-point win. Denker's 457 yards of total offense was the sixth-most recorded by a player in a single game in program history. The first-year starter's 192 rushing yards were the most in a single game by a UA quarterback in school history.
Denker is the fourth Wildcat to earn one of the conference's weekly awards in 2013, joining Ka'Deem Carey (Offensive Player of the Week), safety Tra'Mayne Bondurant (Defensive Player of the Week) and kicker Jake Smith (Special Teams Player of the Week).
Arizona will look to extend a two-game win streak when he travels up to Cal Berkley to take on the Golden Bears on Nov. 2. Kickoff is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. MST.
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- A Wildcat remembers his favorite memories of the Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.