Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey named Maxwell Award Player of the Week
The junior, who led the nation in rushing last season, produced 236 yards and one touchdown on a school-record 40 carries. The touchdown, which came in the game's final minutes, essentially put the Utes away.
For his effort, Carey was named the Maxwell Award Player of the Week. The Maxwell Award is given annually to the college football player deemed to be the best in the country by a panel consisting of sports media members and head coaches.
On the season, Carey leads the Wildcats with 805 yards and six touchdowns on 134 carries. Arizona's next opponent is Colorado, whom the running back gashed for 366 yards and five touchdowns on 25 carries last season.
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.