AP PHOTOS: College football palaces
(AP) - Part five-star hotel, part Palm Springs fitness club, part Apple Store.
Call them football palaces, and no college program can call itself big-time without one that will leave recruits wide-eyed.
From Alabama to Oregon, opulent football operations buildings that cost millions can be found on campuses across the country.
With weight rooms that could cover a football field, more flat screens than a Best Buy and enough leather furniture to fill Trump Plaza, players have no reason to go back to the dorms.
How about a game of pool between meetings with coaches- held in rooms bigger than some movie theaters? Or a visit to the trainers' room to rehab on the antigravity treadmill? Or maybe, just hang out near the waterfall? Yes, the waterfall.
Here's a gallery of images from six of the nation's most lavish football facilities: Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Southern California and Washington
Promotion: Follow AP photographers and photo editors on Twitter: http://apne.ws/15Oo6jo
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- A Wildcat remembers his favorite memories of the Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.