AP PHOTOS: College football palaces
(AP) - Part five-star hotel, part Palm Springs fitness club, part Apple Store.
Call them football palaces, and no college program can call itself big-time without one that will leave recruits wide-eyed.
From Alabama to Oregon, opulent football operations buildings that cost millions can be found on campuses across the country.
With weight rooms that could cover a football field, more flat screens than a Best Buy and enough leather furniture to fill Trump Plaza, players have no reason to go back to the dorms.
How about a game of pool between meetings with coaches- held in rooms bigger than some movie theaters? Or a visit to the trainers' room to rehab on the antigravity treadmill? Or maybe, just hang out near the waterfall? Yes, the waterfall.
Here's a gallery of images from six of the nation's most lavish football facilities: Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Southern California and Washington
Promotion: Follow AP photographers and photo editors on Twitter: http://apne.ws/15Oo6jo
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.