Arizona safety Tra'Mayne Bondurant earns conference honor
The shutout, which was the second of the Rich Rodriguez era, was due in no small part to the play of junior safety Tra'Mayne Bondurant, who tallied seven tackles and two interceptions -- one of which he returned for a touchdown.
Bondurant's effort was good enough to earn him the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week honor for Week 1.
Last season, as a sophomore, Bondurant registered 74 total tackles -- including 11.5 for a loss -- as well as three interceptions, 12 pass breakups and three forced fumbles.
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.