Arizona safety Tra'Mayne Bondurant earns conference honor
The shutout, which was the second of the Rich Rodriguez era, was due in no small part to the play of junior safety Tra'Mayne Bondurant, who tallied seven tackles and two interceptions -- one of which he returned for a touchdown.
Bondurant's effort was good enough to earn him the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week honor for Week 1.
Last season, as a sophomore, Bondurant registered 74 total tackles -- including 11.5 for a loss -- as well as three interceptions, 12 pass breakups and three forced fumbles.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.