Arizona safety Tra'Mayne Bondurant earns conference honor
The shutout, which was the second of the Rich Rodriguez era, was due in no small part to the play of junior safety Tra'Mayne Bondurant, who tallied seven tackles and two interceptions -- one of which he returned for a touchdown.
Bondurant's effort was good enough to earn him the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week honor for Week 1.
Last season, as a sophomore, Bondurant registered 74 total tackles -- including 11.5 for a loss -- as well as three interceptions, 12 pass breakups and three forced fumbles.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.