Updated Sep 3, 2013 - 9:53 am
Former UA, ASU standouts among those cut by NFL teams
Unfortunately, local products from Arizona and Arizona State were not immune to business side of the game.
Kerry Taylor (Cardinals), Colin Parker (Cardinals) Gerell Robinson (Broncos), Brandon Magee (Cowboys), Lawrence Guy (Colts), Garth Gerhart (Packers), Deveron Carr (Buccaneers), Rashad Ross (Titans), Ryan Torain (Giants) and Brandon Smith (Packers).
Magee has since been claimed off of waivers by the Cleveland Browns, while Carr and Ross were signed to the practice squads of the teams that initially released them.
Taylor, who was let go by Bruce Arians and Co. Saturday, was also signed to the Cardinals' practice squad Monday.
Spencer Larsen (Buccaneers), Ricky Elmore (Redskins), Colin Baxter (Chargers), Trevin Wade (Browns), Mike Thomas (Cardinals), Dan Buckner (Cardinals), Fendi Onobun (Bears), Matt Scott (Jaguars) and David Douglas (Buccaneers).
Scott and Onobun were signed to their teams' respective practice squads.
D'Aundre Reed (Vikings) and Chris Gronkowski (Chargers) were also waived/put on IR by their respective teams.
Onubun was also later signed to Chicago's practice squad.
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- A Wildcat remembers his favorite memories of the Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.