Updated Jul 29, 2013 - 9:39 pm
Report: Former Chaparral quarterback Connor Brewer transferring to Arizona
According to Jason Jewell of 24/7 Sports, Brewer plans to transfer to the University of Arizona.
Brewer, the only quarterback in Arizona history to win three high school state championships, redshirted his freshman year at Texas in 2012 and was granted his unconditional release June 10.
Over his final three seasons at Chaparral, Brewer led the Firebirds to a 41-2 record and threw for 7,574 yards and a state-record 100 touchdowns.
The former high school All-American becomes the second Chaparral player to transfer to UA this offseason, joining wide receiver/punt returner Davonte Neal.
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.