Updated Jul 29, 2013 - 9:39 pm
Report: Former Chaparral quarterback Connor Brewer transferring to Arizona
According to Jason Jewell of 24/7 Sports, Brewer plans to transfer to the University of Arizona.
Brewer, the only quarterback in Arizona history to win three high school state championships, redshirted his freshman year at Texas in 2012 and was granted his unconditional release June 10.
Over his final three seasons at Chaparral, Brewer led the Firebirds to a 41-2 record and threw for 7,574 yards and a state-record 100 touchdowns.
The former high school All-American becomes the second Chaparral player to transfer to UA this offseason, joining wide receiver/punt returner Davonte Neal.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.