Updated Jul 29, 2013 - 9:39 pm
Report: Former Chaparral quarterback Connor Brewer transferring to Arizona
According to Jason Jewell of 24/7 Sports, Brewer plans to transfer to the University of Arizona.
Brewer, the only quarterback in Arizona history to win three high school state championships, redshirted his freshman year at Texas in 2012 and was granted his unconditional release June 10.
Over his final three seasons at Chaparral, Brewer led the Firebirds to a 41-2 record and threw for 7,574 yards and a state-record 100 touchdowns.
The former high school All-American becomes the second Chaparral player to transfer to UA this offseason, joining wide receiver/punt returner Davonte Neal.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.