Arizona football player Patrick Onwuasor charged with four felonies, removed from team
Onwuasor, 20, tallied 35 tackles last season for the Wildcats.
"We are aware of the situation with Patrick Onwuasor. He has been removed from the program," Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said in a press release Tuesday.
Tucson Police Sgt. Maria Hawke, in a release, said a search warrant for Onwausor's apartment was obtained through a separate investigation into a home invasion in Beverly Hills, CA.
Officers found narcotic drugs, narcotic paraphernalia, marijuana and a weapon during the search, Hawke said.
An arrest warrant was issued for Onwuasor on July 18. He was arraigned on July 22 and released after.
According to the report, Hawke said Onwuasor was not implicated as being present during the California home invasion.
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.