Arizona football player Patrick Onwuasor charged with four felonies, removed from team
Onwuasor, 20, tallied 35 tackles last season for the Wildcats.
"We are aware of the situation with Patrick Onwuasor. He has been removed from the program," Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said in a press release Tuesday.
Tucson Police Sgt. Maria Hawke, in a release, said a search warrant for Onwausor's apartment was obtained through a separate investigation into a home invasion in Beverly Hills, CA.
Officers found narcotic drugs, narcotic paraphernalia, marijuana and a weapon during the search, Hawke said.
An arrest warrant was issued for Onwuasor on July 18. He was arraigned on July 22 and released after.
According to the report, Hawke said Onwuasor was not implicated as being present during the California home invasion.
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey files paperwork to NFL Draft advisory board
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.