Arizona football player Patrick Onwuasor charged with four felonies, removed from team
Onwuasor, 20, tallied 35 tackles last season for the Wildcats.
"We are aware of the situation with Patrick Onwuasor. He has been removed from the program," Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said in a press release Tuesday.
Tucson Police Sgt. Maria Hawke, in a release, said a search warrant for Onwausor's apartment was obtained through a separate investigation into a home invasion in Beverly Hills, CA.
Officers found narcotic drugs, narcotic paraphernalia, marijuana and a weapon during the search, Hawke said.
An arrest warrant was issued for Onwuasor on July 18. He was arraigned on July 22 and released after.
According to the report, Hawke said Onwuasor was not implicated as being present during the California home invasion.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.