Arizona football player Patrick Onwuasor charged with four felonies, removed from team
Onwuasor, 20, tallied 35 tackles last season for the Wildcats.
"We are aware of the situation with Patrick Onwuasor. He has been removed from the program," Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said in a press release Tuesday.
Tucson Police Sgt. Maria Hawke, in a release, said a search warrant for Onwausor's apartment was obtained through a separate investigation into a home invasion in Beverly Hills, CA.
Officers found narcotic drugs, narcotic paraphernalia, marijuana and a weapon during the search, Hawke said.
An arrest warrant was issued for Onwuasor on July 18. He was arraigned on July 22 and released after.
According to the report, Hawke said Onwuasor was not implicated as being present during the California home invasion.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.