Arizona football player Patrick Onwuasor charged with four felonies, removed from team
Onwuasor, 20, tallied 35 tackles last season for the Wildcats.
"We are aware of the situation with Patrick Onwuasor. He has been removed from the program," Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said in a press release Tuesday.
Tucson Police Sgt. Maria Hawke, in a release, said a search warrant for Onwausor's apartment was obtained through a separate investigation into a home invasion in Beverly Hills, CA.
Officers found narcotic drugs, narcotic paraphernalia, marijuana and a weapon during the search, Hawke said.
An arrest warrant was issued for Onwuasor on July 18. He was arraigned on July 22 and released after.
According to the report, Hawke said Onwuasor was not implicated as being present during the California home invasion.
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.