Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 11:26 am
Running back Carey ranked as top-25 player in college football
So, it's not surprising that Matt Hayes of Sporting News ranked the Wildcat as the 20th-best player in college football.
The nation's leading rusher thrived in coach Rich Rodriguez's spread option offense; his slashing style leading Rodriguez to compare him to former West Virginia great Steve Slaton.
Carey helped lead the Wildcats to an 8-5 mark in Rich Rodriguez's first year with the team, and figures to have an even greater role in 2013.
Carey is one of seven Pac-12 players to make the list, which also includes USC receiver Marqise Lee (2nd), ASU defensive tackle Will Sutton (6th), UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr (8th), Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota (14th), Oregon running back De'Anthony Thomas (22nd) and UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley (23rd).
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.