Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 11:26 am
Running back Carey ranked as top-25 player in college football
So, it's not surprising that Matt Hayes of Sporting News ranked the Wildcat as the 20th-best player in college football.
The nation's leading rusher thrived in coach Rich Rodriguez's spread option offense; his slashing style leading Rodriguez to compare him to former West Virginia great Steve Slaton.
Carey helped lead the Wildcats to an 8-5 mark in Rich Rodriguez's first year with the team, and figures to have an even greater role in 2013.
Carey is one of seven Pac-12 players to make the list, which also includes USC receiver Marqise Lee (2nd), ASU defensive tackle Will Sutton (6th), UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr (8th), Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota (14th), Oregon running back De'Anthony Thomas (22nd) and UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley (23rd).
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.