Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 3:10 pm
Charges dropped against Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey
Carey was facing misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct charges stemming from an alleged domestic violence incident in December involving his ex-girlfriend.
The Tucson City Prosecutor's Office issued a statement Friday saying it was dismissing all charges against Carey.
The statement said that ``a key witness for the prosecution is unavailable and even if the witness were available, there is no substantial likelihood that a judge would convict Mr. Carey.''
As a sophomore for the Wildcats last season, Carey led the nation in yards rushing with 1,929 and set a school record with 23 touchdowns.
He nearly became the 16th running back in NCAA history to reach 2,000 yards in a season.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.