Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 5:33 pm
Arizona Wildcats collect multiple preseason awards
Five Wildcats were named on the list, headlined by junior running back Ka'Deem Carey who made the first team on offense. Junior offensive lineman Mickey Baucus (fourth team) also represented the offensive side of the ball.
The defense had three members make the team. Those players were senior linebacker Jake Fischer (third team), senior linebacker Marquis Flowers (fourth team) and senior cornerback Shaquille Richardson (fourth team).
In addition to being named to the Preseason All-Pac-12 Team, Carey was named to the Phil Steele All-America Second Team and to the College Football Performance Awards 2013 Running Back Watch List.
Last season, Carey set school records with 303 rushing attempts for 1,929 yards. The yardage total was the fifth-most in Pac-12 single-season history. His 24 total touchdowns tied Art Luppino for the most in school single-season history.
The Wildcats are coming off a 8-5 campaign that ended with a victory over Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl. They open up the 2013 season on August, 30th, at home against Northern Arizona.
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.