Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 5:33 pm
Arizona Wildcats collect multiple preseason awards
Five Wildcats were named on the list, headlined by junior running back Ka'Deem Carey who made the first team on offense. Junior offensive lineman Mickey Baucus (fourth team) also represented the offensive side of the ball.
The defense had three members make the team. Those players were senior linebacker Jake Fischer (third team), senior linebacker Marquis Flowers (fourth team) and senior cornerback Shaquille Richardson (fourth team).
In addition to being named to the Preseason All-Pac-12 Team, Carey was named to the Phil Steele All-America Second Team and to the College Football Performance Awards 2013 Running Back Watch List.
Last season, Carey set school records with 303 rushing attempts for 1,929 yards. The yardage total was the fifth-most in Pac-12 single-season history. His 24 total touchdowns tied Art Luppino for the most in school single-season history.
The Wildcats are coming off a 8-5 campaign that ended with a victory over Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl. They open up the 2013 season on August, 30th, at home against Northern Arizona.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.