Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 5:33 pm
Arizona Wildcats collect multiple preseason awards
Five Wildcats were named on the list, headlined by junior running back Ka'Deem Carey who made the first team on offense. Junior offensive lineman Mickey Baucus (fourth team) also represented the offensive side of the ball.
The defense had three members make the team. Those players were senior linebacker Jake Fischer (third team), senior linebacker Marquis Flowers (fourth team) and senior cornerback Shaquille Richardson (fourth team).
In addition to being named to the Preseason All-Pac-12 Team, Carey was named to the Phil Steele All-America Second Team and to the College Football Performance Awards 2013 Running Back Watch List.
Last season, Carey set school records with 303 rushing attempts for 1,929 yards. The yardage total was the fifth-most in Pac-12 single-season history. His 24 total touchdowns tied Art Luppino for the most in school single-season history.
The Wildcats are coming off a 8-5 campaign that ended with a victory over Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl. They open up the 2013 season on August, 30th, at home against Northern Arizona.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.