Updated May 14, 2013 - 6:08 pm
Kiper: Ka'Deem Carey third-best RB prospect for 2014 draft
A consensus All-American after leading the country with 1,929 rushing yards to go along with 23 touchdowns, Carey is now on the NFL radar.
According to ESPN NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper Jr., Carey is the third-best running back prospect for the 2014 draft.
Extraordinarily productive in 2012, Carey piled up a whopping 1,929 yards rushing. He does it by exploding upfield when he gets a seam, and running through arm tackles with good pad level and strong leg drive and determination. Carey looks like an early-impact NFL running back because of the way he reads plays, and puts his foot in the ground to get vertical and maximize yards when they're available. His 6.4 yards per carry last season is impressive given he does a good job of taking what the blocking offers, but he also has an extra gear in the open field and can run away from defenders.
The thought that Carey may not be long for the college game is not a novel one, as anyone with the kind of success he's had would surely consider going to the next level.
And if the Tucson product replicates his 2012 season in 2013, odds are he'll be among the first players to have their name called by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on draft night.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- A Wildcat remembers his favorite memories of the Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.