Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 5:56 pm
ASU, UA shut out at the 2013 NFL Draft
Neither Arizona nor Arizona State had a prospect selected by an NFL team from Thursday-Saturday.
The Sun Devils (linebacker Brandon Magee, safety Keelan Johnson and punter Josh Hubner) and the Wildcats (quarterback Matt Scott and wide receiver Dan Buckner) were the only two Pac-12 programs not to be represented in the draft.
According to Arizona Republic columnist Paola Boivin, it's the first time since 1963 that neither Arizona school had a player taken.
Arizona high schools, however, were represented fairly well.
Chandler High's Dion Jordan (No. 3 overall by the Miami Dolphins) became the highest-drafted player to ever come out of the state. Jordan's high school teammate, Marcus Wheaton, was also taken in third round (No. 79 overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers).
Notre Dame Prep alum Sean Renfree was selected in the seventh round (No. 249 overall by the Atlanta Falcons), as well.
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.