Updated Apr 25, 2013 - 4:44 pm
Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey ranked first among Pac-12 running backs
Kind of comes with the territory of being a consensus First-Team All-American after a sophomore season in which he rushed for 1,929 yards and 23 touchdowns for a team that won eight games.
Of course, now there are expectations as the back heads into his junior season.
The star tailback from Tucson (Ariz.) Canyon del Oro might have been the most underrated player in the nation in 2012. Yet, after leading the nation in rushing (1,929 yards), setting multiple school and Pac-12 records and a few ugly off-the-field incidents, the junior-to-be is flying anything but under the radar in 2013. He is a workhorse back who can do anything he wants on the field and needs to learn that doesn't apply to his personal life. A domestic abuse incident with his girlfriend as well as a run-in with campus police has his long-term future in question at Arizona. Should he walk the straight and narrow, Carey will be a Heisman candidate in Rich Rodriguez's zone-read option scheme. If he cannot behave himself, he will find himself suspended or worse.
Sounds about right.
Carey will once again be the focal point of Rodriguez's offense in Arizona, and with uncertainty at the quarterback position could find himself carrying even more of the load.
As for the off-the-field stuff, the player is scheduled to appear in court on July 12.
- Winston, Donald, McCarron headline awards night
- Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey a USA Today All-American
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey files paperwork to NFL Draft advisory board
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.