Updated Feb 26, 2013 - 2:49 pm
UA coach Rodriguez comments on Ka'Deem Carey
He's also had one of the worst offseasons anyone can remember.
Not long after rushing for a school-record 1,929 yards and 23 touchdowns, Carey faced charges for misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct due to an incident with a pregnant ex-girlfriend, and later he had an issue at an Arizona basketball game that led to his ejection from the arena, where he then had a verbal confrontation with campus police.
Needless to say, Carey has some work to do to get back in the good graces of head coach Rich Rodriguez, and in a Tuesday conversation with the media the coach said his running back is on the right track.
"He's progressing well and he'll be with us in the spring. His process of making sure he shows the true person that he is still ongoing but he's been doing well," Rodriguez said. "We've got close tabs on him and he knows that. He knows he's made some mistakes and has to prove to what kind of person he is."
Rodriguez has not said what kind of discipline -- if any -- Carey will face.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.